The UIDAI has recently issued a warning against the backdrop of online scams. The time has come to defend oneself from such scams, UIDAI clarified in a tweet.
Use Aadhar card with extreme caution; UIDAI gave ‘yes’ warning
New Delhi: Cases of online scams are steadily increasing. Scammers are now making people the scapegoats in fraud based on OTP and fake links. Such scammers also use your Aadhaar card to commit financial scams. The main reason for this is that all your information is attached to the Aadhar card. Taking advantage of this, the number of online scams by scammers has increased dramatically. (Use Aadhar card with extreme caution; UIDAI gave this warning)
The UIDAI has recently issued a warning against the backdrop of online scams. The time has come to defend oneself from such scams, UIDAI clarified in a tweet. Aadhar card number is 12 digits. This number can be verified from the official website of UIDAI. This will protect you from scammers. At the same time, there will be no problem. In addition, it is imperative to verify the Aadhaar card before using it as proof of identity.
How to verify Aadhar card
You need to verify your Aadhaar card. You can scan the QR code on the Aadhaar card for offline verification. To verify online, you need to open the link resident.uidai.gov.in/verify and enter the 12 digit Aadhar card number and captcha code. Your card will then be verified. Additionally you can verify Aadhar card through mAadhaar app.
Save yourself from Aadhar card scam
– If you have downloaded Aadhar card on any public computer, delete it immediately after work.
– Never share your One-Time Password (OTP) with others under any circumstances.
– Do not allow your mobile number to be attached to another’s Aadhar card. Also, do not link another number with your Aadhar card.
– Always use Aadhaar card virtual ID. It will get 16 digit Aadhar card. Which can be used in exchange for Aadhar card.
– Always lock your biometric from UIDAI portal and arrange to unlock with the help of registered mobile number only.
Learn how to lock Aadhar card
If you want to lock your Aadhar card, first open the message app on your phone. Then type GETOTP and send an SMS to 1947. An OTP will then appear on your phone number. After receiving the OTP, write the lockUID and Aadhaar number and message back to 1947 number. This will lock your Aadhaar card. (Use Aadhar card with extreme caution; UIDAI gave this warning)
– TV9 Marathi (@ TV9Marathi) July 12, 2021
‘This’ Indian player is playing county cricket, he returned to the field after a holiday
What about the Rs 25 lakh crore earned from fuel tax? : Mallikarjun Kharge